Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Finding A "Niche"

This past Wednesday my husband and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary.  We decided to visit our old stomping grounds and spent the night in the city.  Before dinner we decided to have a drink and stopped in a restaraunt (more on our evening and restaraunt reviews on a later blog).  We went up to the bar and sat down next to a man that seemed to be enjoying his evening.  While we drank our cocktails we started chatting with the man.  It turns out that the man is a famous chef in Canada, http://www.tedreader.com/ .  I could have sat and talked with this man all night long.  We taked about food and restaraunts....great conversations!  Anyway...I started talking to him about my blog. The one thing he stressed was that I needed to find my "Niche"...my special something that seperates me from all the other blog cooks out there.  Ted's niche is BBQ!  I  am having a hard time with this....what the heck is my niche?  The things I know for sure is that I love cooking, I love entertaining, I love planning...but I also have kids and a family.  His suggestion was that I don't get my husband and kids involved with the blog site.  He menioned not having personal photos or personal stories.  I think it was a good idea for someone...but not for me.  My cooking is inspired by my kids, my husband, my family and my friends.  I feel that it is a must to have their pics and stories featured on my blog with my recipes and entertaining.  Anyone out there that knows me....can you help me find my niche?  Any ideas please add a "comment " to this post. I need your help!  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and I love that you are staying true to you! I have ideas lets chat soon!

    ReplyDelete