Chicken Noodle Soup
- 16 cups / 1 gal. chicken stock
- 64 oz. / 8 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 large russet potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- 3 carrots (cleaned & chopped)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 3 bone - in split chicken breasts
- 2 TB. chopped parsley
- 1/2 TB. dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb noodles (uncooked)
- Parmesean cheese to garnish
the dark meat of the chicken. The breasts have the best of the white meat.
- Heat chicken stock & broth in large pot and bring to a boil. Add chicken breasts and boil for 20-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from pot and place on cutting board. Remove chicken skin and cut chicken into bite sized cubes. Add cut up chicken to broth in pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, parsley, oregano, salt & pepper to pot. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles to pot and simmer for about 20 more minutes.
- Ladle soup into large soup bowl and garnish with freshly grated parmesean cheese.