Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A "Monday Night Chicken"

When I was growing up I had this thing where I would call certain meals by name depending on what day of the week it was.  For example, pizza was for sure a friday night or saturday night dinner.  A big pasta dinner was a sunday night dinner.  Meatloaf was a weekday dinner for sure.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday dinners always had to be fun in my mind because it was the week-end.  So, if I happened to come home on a friday or saturday night and my mom was making a piece of grilled chicken with a baked potato for dinner...I would say "What...boring grilled chicken and boring baked potato...ugh...that is a Monday night dinner...not a saturday night dinner!"  Well, I am now a wife and mother and I don't have the time or energy to cook week-end dinners during the week...so I too now make "Monday Night Chicken"!

Last night I made the best " Monday Night Chicken".  My husband loved it!  Here is the simple recipe.

MONDAY NIGHT CHICKEN

  • 4 Chicken breasts
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 packet dry italian dressing
  • 2 cups italian bread crumbs
  • 1 TB. olilve oil
  1. Dip chicken breasts one at a time in milk.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with dry italian dressing on each side.
  3. Immediately dredge the chicken breasts in the italian bread crumbs making sure entire chicken breasts is coated.
  4. Place chicken breasts in baking dish.
  5. Place chicken in a 400 degree pre-heated oven for 20 minutes
  6. Take out chicken and drizzle olive oil over the top of the chicken
  7. Place back in oven for about 5 minutes or until chicken is crispy on top
I served this chicken with scalloped potatoes, corn and a side salad.  The chicken is really juicy!  Who knew such a simple menu would be such a hit!

* Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment