Roast Beef Crostini With Roasted Red Pepper Mayo. I have made them a several times since then and everyone loves them! If I bring them to someone else's party I am always asked for the recipe. I am sharing this recipe with you in hopes that this can be your "go to" appetizer recipe for the upcoming holiday season!
ROAST BEEF CROSTINI WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER MAYO
- 36 slices baguette bread or french bread (1/2 inch thick)
- olive oil
- 2/3 cup (about 3) home-made roasted red peppers or 1 - 15 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. deli roast beef (premium rare)
- 36 thin slices of Dill Havarti cheese (most blocks of this cheese are small may need two of them)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Arrange bread slices on two baking sheets. Drizzle olive oil over the slices evenly.
- Bake bread in oven for about 15 minutes or until a light golden color.
- In the meantime make the mayo: completely dry off the peppers to avoid the mayo becoming to watery. Place peppers, mayo, garlic clove, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- If the mayo is too thin place it in a bowl and whisk in more mayo one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Take the pre-baked bread slices and spread about 1/2 tablespoon red pepper mayo on top of each slice. Place a slice of roast beef (folded) on top of mayo. Place a slice of Dill Havarti on top of beef.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately.