THE WEDGE SALAD
* This salad calls for crumbled bacon. There is nothing worse then the smell of greasy bacon in your house when you are expecting guests. I now buy the pre-packaged crumbled bacon that is found in the salad dressing isle. It is made by Hormel and Oscar Meyer. So much easier!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- sald and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Stir the buttermilk, sour cream, and garlic in a medium bowl and blend. Mix in 2/3 of the blue cheese. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the dressing and let sit for at least 2 hours. This dressing actually tastes better the next day after all the ingredients have combined. I would suggest making the dressing a day in advanced.
- Arrange the iceberg wedges on small salad plates. Spoon the dressing over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the grape tomatoes, bacon and remaining blue cheese over the top of the wedges.
* This recipe is adapted from a recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentis