PANCETTA & SWEET FIG SPREAD PANNINI
* Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 lb. thin sliced pancetta
- 8 slices thin italian bread / pannini bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- olive oil
- 2 TB. Organic Adriatic Fig Spread
- Drizzle one side of each piece of bread with olive oil
- Place 4 slices of bread olive oil side down, on the pannini press.
- With a butter knife smooth 1/2 TB of the fig spread over each piece of bread.
- Layer a few pieces of pancetta over the fig spread.
- Place a piece of provolone over the pancetta.
- Place a piece of bread, olive oil side up, over the provolone.
- Close the pannini press top and grill for about 5 minutes.
- Take sandwiches off the pannini press and cut each sandwich in half and place on plate.