We have come up with two different Christmas Cookies that are very, very easy to do with all these kids. Check out the recipes and try to make a Christmas tradition with the kids in your family!!!!
JOLLY SNOWMAN FACES
* These cookies are so easy to make because you purchse a "pouch" sugar cookie mix. This recipe calls for a Betty Crocker "pouch" because it is a Betty Crocker recipe, but FYI Aldi also carries sugar cookie "pouches". Once the cookies have baked and cooled - you can have the kids help you frost the cookies or you can frost them first , then the kids can dig in and start making their snowman faces!
- 1 container (12 oz.) White Frosting
- Red String Licorice: for mouth and ear muff band
- Assorted M & M's for eyes
- Gummi Lifesavers for ear muffs
- Orange Slice candy cut into pieces for nose
HOLIDAY CINNAMON CRINKLE COOKIES
* These cookies are my ultimate favorite Christmas cookies to eat and to make. They are simple, fun and full of cinnamon and sugar! I make the cookie dough ahead of time and put it in the fridge until the kids come to make them. We take the dough out and let soften on counter for about 20 minutes. They help me roll the balls and then roll the balls in the red & green sugar....very fun!
- Shape dough into 1 1 /4 inch balls. Roll the balls in green and red sugar so that the entire ball is covered.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes. Remove and cool rest of time on cooling rack.