PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM
* This recipe makes one gallon
** Please be aware that this recipe is a two day process...so start it with enough time for a day or two of
- 14 oz. peppermint stick candy
- 10 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 or 7 oz. additional peppermint sticks, crushed
- Break 14 oz. of peppermint stick candy into pieces. Place in a quart jar.
- Add 2 cups half and half and allow to dissolve overnight.
- The next day, combine remaining cream and sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla, salt and crushed peppermint.
- Combine with dissolved candy, stirring until completely blended.
- Pour into frozen ice cream make canister (may have to do in batches depending on the size of your ice-cream maker canister).
- Follow directions to your ice-cream maker on how to make ice-cream. Either elecric or hand turn.
- Once ice cream is finished place in containers and place in freezer for at least one day.