Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oatmeal - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Okay...am I crazy?  Did I not just get through the holidays and just get rid of all the dozens of Christmas cookies I had made?  Yes...but....I made some more!!  We were invited to have dinner over at our neighbors house last friday night.  They have two kids, we have two kids....everyone loves cookies right?  I found a recipe in my Southern Living cookbook for Nutty Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk Cookies, of  course I cannot follow any recipe to the "t" so I came up with my own adapted version of this recipe.  They did come out a bit flat...but the way they tasted totally made up for the flatness!

OATMEAL - CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked oats
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 TB. vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups chocolate chips
  • cooking spray
  1. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. 
  2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended.
  3. Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Spray a cookie sheet generously with cooking spray.
  6. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
  7. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until golden.
  8. Remove to wire racks and cool.
*Makes about 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment