Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

TURKEY BURGERS WITH A TWIST

I am always trying to come up with new and improved ways of making turkey burgers.  By far the best turkey burger I have ever eaten has been at Red Robin.  If you have not been there or tried their turkey burgers....it is a must!  Anyway....the other night I was standing in my kitchen looking at a pound of ground turkey and wondering what I could do to it to make really good turkey burgers.  Plus I wanted to make them healthy.  I decided to throw a couple of ingredients into the mix to make my Turkey Burgers With A Twist.  I wanted them nice and moist so I added one large shredded carrot and 2 TB. of low fat thousand island dressing.  Added a bit of breadcrumbs to hold it all together grilled them up, melted some provolone on top and grilled the buns....tadah.....turkey burgers were done....and they were fantastic!

 TURKEY BURGERS WITH A TWIST 

  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 large carrot - shredded
  • 2 TB. low fat thousand island dressing
  • 1/4 cup of italian breadcrumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 large onion buns
  1. In a large bowl place the ground turkey, shredded carrot, thousand island dressing, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well.
  2. Heat up your in-door or outdoor grill.
  3. While the grill is heating up make your turkey burger patties by dividing the mixture into 4 equal balls and shape into a patty.
  4. Spray grill generously with cooking spray.  Place burgers on grill and cook on med-high for about 5 or so minutes on each side.  Unlike ground beef burgers....you do not want to see any "pink" in the middle of these burgers.
  5. When burgers are just about done add a slice of provolone to the top to melt.
  6. Place onion rolls cut side down on the grill to toast them a bit.
  7. Place burgers on buns and serve with the fixin's:  lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard.  yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment