GRILLED LEMON - OREGANO CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- 2 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB. coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves - pressed
- 1 TB. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Pour marinade into a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag; add chicken and seal. Turn bag to coat chicken.
- Marinate at room temp. for 30 m inutes of in fridge for up to 2 days, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill - medium high heat. Place chicken, with some marinade still clinging, on grill rack; grill chicken until cooked through and golden brown on all sides, turning frequently, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and serve.
* I found this recipe in my June/09 issue of Bon Appetit. They recommend using frozen strawberries and placing them in each wine glass before pouring the spritzer in. It looks really pretty and helps keep the drink cool. Double the recipe if you would like to offer your guests seconds.
- 12 strawberries with stems