Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD

I don't know about you guys but when it comes summer time I get addicted to any kind of salads that I can get my hands on.  I just love using all the fresh vegies and fruit from all the farmer's markets and also using the fresh herbs that we  grow in our own garden.  Taking all the fresh ingredients and making wonderful and flavorful salads is a knack that I got from my mom.  Growing up she always put together summer meals that consisted of fresh herbs and vegies.  This week I was visiting my mom and she had a leftover couscous salad that she made for her and my dad the night before.  I had to have seconds it was so good.  I decided to re-create this salad for my husband and I.  I adapted it a bit and added some feta cheese, but all in all it basically was her "brain child".  I served my Mediterranean Couscous Salad with some Lemon Oregano Grilled Chicken and fresh green beans.  Again, this meal was a runner up for a perfect summer meal!



MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD 
  • 1 (7.6 oz.) Plain Flavored Couscous
  • 1/2 can ( about 6 oz.) pitted black olives - cut in half
  • 12 oz. quartered artichokes - roughly chopped
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes - quartered
  • 5 oz. crumbled feta cheese
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
  • dash of garlic powder
  • salt, peper & crushed red pepper to taste
  • 3 TB. rough chopped fresh basil
  1. Cook couscous according to directions.  Place in large bowl and set in fridge to cool.
  2. Once couscous is cooled add the rest of the ingredients in order listed.  Mix well & place in fridge for at least one hour.
  3. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment