Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

YOGURT PARFAIT TRIFLE

I may not be able to catch you in time if you are having guests stay the night for Thanksgiving...but if you are having sleepover guests anytime this holiday season you have to try out this Yogurt Parfait Trifle.
 I love to make yogurt and berry trifles when I have breakfast or brunch guests.  They are so easy to make, they look pretty and everyone usually loves them.  Recently, I saw in a magazine (I believe it was Martha Stewart) where she made a large yogurt parfait but in a large trifle bowl.  Of course her recipe you made home-made granola and a cherry fruit compote....but who the heck has time to make all that when you are cooking for Thanksgiving of Christmas?  Not me!!!!  So I just bought store bought yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit.  I layered it in a clear glass trifle bowl.  I think I made this in about 5 minutes.  My guests and my family all loved it.  I served it with some cheesey scrambled, slices of canadian bacon and toasted bread.  Simple and easy....yet really good!


YOGURT PARFAIT TRIFLE 
  • 42 oz. vanilla flavored yogurt
  • 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 4 cups granola or fat free granola with raisins
Layer ingredients in the following order:
  1. 1/2 of the vanilla yogurt
  2. 3 cups of the sliced strawberries
  3. 2 cups granola
  4. Last 1/2 of the vanilla yogurt
  5. 2 cups blueberries
  6. Top with last  2 cups of granola
Serve right away or cover and place in fridge for up to three hours.  I would not make it too much more in advance as you want the granola to stay crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment