- 3 cups water (can add extra to thin out polenta if needed)
- 1 tsp. Pasta Sprinkle Seasoning (can use a mixture of dried basil & oregano)
- 2 cups Dell'Alpe Instant Polenta
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (divided)
- 2 TB. fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
2. In large saucepan bring chicken broth, water and spices to a boil Once boiling add polenta. Turn
3. Add tomato paste and parmesan cheese. Stir until smooth.
4. Spray 8x8 baking dish with Pam.
6. Add 1 cup shredded mozzarella to the top of polenta.
9. Place halved tomatoes, cut side up, to the top of the cheese.
11. Drizzle top with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
12. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.