Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Postbabies Birthday!


So did I mention that yesterday was my birthday?  No...well turning 35 is not that exciting...especially when you have twins that have a birthday exactly one day before yours!  Let's face it birthdays after the age of "21" slowly get less and less exciting!  Birthdays after the age of 30 are just downright depressing!  Birthdays post babies are basically just another day in "paradise!"  This year my husband wanted to make it fun for me.  He wanted to take the family out to dinner for mommy's birthday.  Very thoughtful (did I mention I have the best husband in the world?).  I was excited to go out to dinner because the alternative was frozen pizza seeing how I was not going to cook on my birthday.  So Mike ( my husband) asked me to pick a place where I wanted to have my birthday dinner....I chose Red Robin (http://www.redrobin.com/)! 





Now for those of you who have not been to Red Robin before I have to tell you this is not a gourmet restaraunt...it is a gourmet hamburger restaraunt.  This means that it is an ideal place to bring your family, especially if you have young children.  I could not think of a better place to spend my birthday with my family.  Since there are a ton of other young kids there I did not have to worry about my two year old's happily screaming at the top of their lungs or playing finger paints with their ketchup...because every other child there was doing the same thing and I was not getting any strange looks from other people who do not have children.  That meant that I could lean back, partake in a vodka lemonade and actually eat my dinner.  That brings me to the actual dinner.  The hamburgers at Red Robin are great!  I always get their turkey burger which is the juicest burger I have ever eaten!  My husband got their Red Robin burger which actually had bacon and a fried egg on it!  Their onion ring tower is to die for! The children's menu has a lot of choices and offers many different side dishes besides french fries.  Long story short....if you have children and love burgers and don't mind noise...this is the place for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment