Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Two Kinds of Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate Chip cookies are not the most "Christmasy" of cookies...but who does not enjoy a nice chocolate chip cookie no matter what time of year it is.  My cookie trays are filled with all kinds of cookies, but I always make sure to leave room for my Chocolate Chip and White Chocolate Chip with Walnut cookies.  Super simple and super delicious!



CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 

Since I buy all my cookie ingredients from Aldi my chocolate chips naturally come from there as well.  The brand of chocolate chips they sell is called Baker's Corner.  There is a recipe on the back of the bag for the best chocolate chip cookies!  In my husband's words "they have the perfect amount of sweetness with just a hint of salty!"
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 package (12 oz) Baker's Corner chocolate chips (or any other chocolate chips)
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Cream together the first 7 ingredients.
  3. Mix in remaning ingredients.
  4. Drop by teaspoonful, 2 inches apart , onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly  browned.
*Makes about 4 dozen cookies

To make my White Chocolate Chip & Walnut Cookies I use the same recipe above for regular chocolate chips, but I add a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and substitute white chocolate chips for the milk chocolate chips.  They are just as good and the walnust give them a different flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment