*Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and 1 cup powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add vanilla and rum extract; beat until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, nutmeg and salt; beat until just combined (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- The mixture will be dry and crumbly. Stir in the peacans by hand
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in powderd sugar.