Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Chicken Paillards with Clementine Salsa

I found a great recipe in the December 09 issue of Bon AppetiteThe picture was so colorful and gorgeous it was basically screaming to me " Make me for dinner!".  Clementines are in season right now, and these mixed with the other ingredients come together to make a wonderfully light meal.  I changed it up a bit though.  It called for a 1/2 cup of chopped red onion....I don't like when the onion is the main flavor...unless they are carmalized,  I changed that to only 1 to 2 TB. I also don't like a whole heck of a lot of uncooked celery...I changed that from a 1/2 cup to 1 - 2 TB. as well just for a bit of celery flavor.  I also added one chopped garlic clove.  Instead of just using the clementine juice for the sauce I also added about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. I served it with some herbed whole wheat couscous with crumbled feta and sauted green beans.  It was fast, easy and healthy!  You can't beat a recipe like this!  My husband loved it!  He kept saying, "out of the park..."...I guess in guys sports language that means I hit a home run?  Anway...I knew he loved it!  This for sure is a keeper recipe!  Please try it you will be very happy you did!





CHICKEN PAILLARDS WITH CLEMENTINE SALSA 

Yield: Makes 4 servings

4 5-ounce chicken breast halves
4 clementines, peeled, diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 to 2 TB.  finely diced red onion
1 to 2 TB.  finely diced celery
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 serrano chile, seeded, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup fresh clementine juice (from about 6 clementines)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth

Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets plastic wrap or parchment paper, spacing apart. Using mallet, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.

Mix clementines and next 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Salsa can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.

Uncover chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter. Add clementine juice to skillet; boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring often, about 1 minute.  Add chicken broth and stir for about 1 more minute keeping heat on a boil.  Drizzle sauce over chicken. Spoon salsa over and serve.

Per serving: 409.3 kcal calories, 50.9 % calories from fat 23.1 g fat, 4.5 saturated fat, 95.3 mg cholesterol, 14.5 g carbohydrates, 2.0 g dietary fiber, 10.3 g total sugars, 12.5 g net carbohydrates 35.1 g protein

Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit

*Recipe & Photo Provided by Bon Appetit

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I will try it. Btw - beautiful blog, Kara. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete