This meal will literally melt in your mouth. It is slow cooked in a crock pot for 4 to 6 hours. You can serve it with mashed potatoes, potatoe pancakes or pierogies. It creates a juice/gravy that is to die for! I have never been a saurkraut person...but as soon as I tasted this recipe...I was hooked!
GRANDMA SCONI'S SAURKRAUT & KIELBASA
- 32 oz. saurkraut (drained and rinsed)
- 2 lbs. boneless country style pork ribs
- olive oil
- 1 apple - peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1 onion - peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. polish kielbasa sausage ( cut into 4 inch pieces)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper all sides of the pork. Heat about 1-2 TB. olive oil in a frying pan. Brown pork on all sides.
- Add drained and rinsed saurkraut, browned pork, kielbasa, white wine, chicken broth, garlic and onion to a crockpot. Add fresh ground pepper and mix well.
- Slow cook in crockpot for 4 to 6 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, potatoe pancakes or pierogis