MEDITERRANEAN TUNA & POTATO SALAD
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 6 red potatoes - boiled, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives - pitted
- 12 oz. jar quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 can light tuna packed in water
- 2 TB. chopped fresh basil
- 1 TB. chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 TB. dijon mustard
- 3 TB. parmesan cheese
- 2 TB. white wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano to taste
- Place romaine lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Place the tomatoes, potatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, and tuna in seperate pie shaped sections on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the top of salad with chopped basil and red onion.
- Drizzle salad with Dijon Mustard & Lemon Vinegarette (see recipe below)
Preparation of Dijon Mustard & Lemon Vinegarette:
- Place the first five ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk quickly.
- Add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano; whisk together.
- Serve over Mediterranean Tuna & Potatoe Salad