Place ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker - shake and pour into martini glass. Serve with lemon twist as garnish.
BLUEBERRY & LEMON TEACAKE
Taste of Home, but I adapted it a bit. I added some vanilla and disregarded a sugary glaze and opted for a light dusting of powdered sugar instead.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- powdered sugar for dusting cake when finished
Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes.
Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove and place on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and cool completely before serving.
MINTED STRAWBERRY & CANTELOPE SALAD WITH LIMONCELLO SIMPLE SYRUP
Limoncello Simple Syrup.
- 2 cups strawberries - cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cantelope - cut into bite size pieces
- 2 TB. finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Limoncello Liquer
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Place strawberries and cantelope in a medium sized bowl
- Add the chopped mint and toss to coat fruit - set aside
- In the meantime - place the Limoncello, water and sugar in a small non-stick saucepan. Over medium high heat cook the ingredients - let simmer while stirring continuously for about 3-5 minutes. The liquid should reduce by half and get a bit thicker.
- Cool simple sugar - when cook pour over fruit salad and mix well.
- Place in fridge for at least one hour - serve with a mint garnish on top.