Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Linguine & Clam Sauce

Friday is coming up again...you know what that means all my favorite Catholics out there...time to come up with some creative and yummy meatless meal!  Look no further...help has arrived!
 My Linguine & Clam Sauce is so simple to make and yet the taste is out of this world! I am posting the recipe and the pics will follow Friday night after I make this for my family. I don't call it Linguine and Clams on purpose....I call it Linguine and Clam Sauce, because I use whole canned baby clams instead of the fresh in the shell clams.  To be honest with you I just don't have the time to deal with all of that....don't get me wrong, I love it in a restaraunt, but I just don't have the time.  I prefer the Del'Apia brand of canned clams.  The canned clams along with fresh italian parsley, white wine, chicken broth and some other fresh herbs and spices makes this dish a must have for the Lent Season.  Again, if you are not Catholic and are looking for a good pasta dish....this dish is for you!  Serve with some garlic broccolli and a caprese salad with some fresh baked bread.  To make it even simpler....serve with a garden salad and you are done.



LINGUINE & CLAM SAUCE 
  • 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more to drizzle on top)
  • 3/4 cup chopped italian parsley
  • 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
  • 1/2 to 1 TB. crushed red pepper flakes (depends on how spicy you want it)
  • 3 cans Del'Apia whole clams (reserve 3/4 cup liquid)
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup white wine
  • salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
  • 1 lb. linguine (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water after cooking)
  • fresh grated parmesan cheese
  1. Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet.  Add parsley, red pepper flakes and garlic.  Saute for 3 minutes.
  2. Add clams and reserved clam liquid.  Add chicken broth, wine, salt & pepper.  Bring to a boil.
  3. Let cook for about 15 minutes - reduce to a simmer and cover.
  4. In the meantime, cook the linguine al'dente and drain reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.  Add the cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the clam sauce.  Mix well and let cook for about 5 to 7 minutes so that the clam sauce can start to absorb into the pasta.
  5. Serve immediately with some fresh grated parmesan cheese, fresh ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.  Don't forget the fresh baked italian bread to soak up all the extra juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment