Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Pork & Green Bean Stir Fry

If  you have not been able to tell yet from reading my blog...I am not a big asian food cooker.  I used to love all food asian....but...a funny thing happened!  I got pregnant with twins and took a trip with my husband to Hong Kong & Singapore during my first trimester.  Can you say morning sickness, afternoon sickness and nightsickness!  The smell of asian food set me off!  It has not been until recently (about 2 or so years later) that I am able to eat asian food.  So that being said....I decided to make a stir fry the other night.  I saw a recipe in Bon Appetit 8/03 that looked simple and healthy!  The only thing I added to this recipe to make it a bit better was a tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro.  I served it with some brown rice and ta-dah...dinner was served!


PORK & GREEN BEAN STIR FRY 
  • 12 oz. pork tenderloin or center cut pork chops without bone - trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch stips.
  • 4 TB. soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 TB. honey
  • 2 garlic cloves - minced
  • 1/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
  • 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots
  • 2 TB.canola or vegie oil
  • 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips
  • 1 TB. minced peeled fresh ginger
  • 3 green onions
  • 1 TB. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup finle chopped & lightly salted and dry roasted peanuts
  1. Mix pork, 1 TB. soy sauce, 1 TB honey, half the garlic, and crused red pepper in a bowl.
  2. Mix remaining 3 TB. soy sauce & remaining 1/2 tsp. honey in small bowl, set aside.
  3. Cook green beans in large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp and tender, about 3 minutes.  Add carrots to green beans in water; cook 1 minute.  Drain carrots & green beans.
  4. Heat 1 TB. oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat.  Add pork mixture; stir fy 1 minute.  Transfer pork to a dish.
  5. Add remaining TB. oil to wok; add red pepper and stir fry 1 minute.
  6. Add green beans, carrots, ginger and remaining garlic; stir fry 1 minute.
  7. Return pork to wok along with reserved soy sauce-honey mixture; stir until heated through.
  8. Add green onions and cilantro - stir well.
  9. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
  10. Transfer to bowl & sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
* Recipe Courtesy of Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment