*Although this recipe says you can serve it after 4 hours in the fridge...it is much better if you let it sit in the fridge covered over night!
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- yolks from 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (make sure carton says "heavy" otherwise it won't whip up good)
- Garnish: sliced strawberries and kiwi
- Heat sugar and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl; let soften about 1 minute.
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in about 1 cup of the milk mixture. Add egg yolk mixture to the rest of the milk mixture in the saucepan. Stir over low heat about 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in gelatin mixture, lemon juice and salt. Let come to room temp.
- Beat cream with hand mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Using a whisk, slowly and gently whisk lemon mixture into cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Spoon lemon cream onto center of dessert plates. Garnish with sliced strawberries and kiwi.