Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

CHEESEY POTATO CASSEROLE

This recipe may be "old school" for some of you.  To be honest with you when I made these for our neighbors the other night I was almost embarrassed while making these, because I usually try to go a little bit more gourmet for guests.  I have to tell you though....these are the best....I repeat....the best cheesiest potatoes!  Everyone loves them. I usually double the recipe just so we have tons of leftovers.  They are not so nice for your waist line, but if you eat them every once in a while it won't do damage!  Kids and adults cannot get enough of this yummy Cheesey Potato Casserole!



CHEESEY POTATOE CASSEROLE 

  • 2 ( 20 oz. each) packages of diced potatoes with onions ( I like the "Simply Potatoes" that are found fresh and  not frozen by the egg secion of the grocery store.  If you cannot find those then frozen will do just as well)
  • 2 (10 oz. each) cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 1/2 pints sour cream
  • 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients.
  2. Spray a large casserole dish with baking spray.  Transfer potatoe mixture to casserole dish.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.  If the top starts to get too brown you can cover it loosley with aluminum foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment