Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

SMASHED CAMERA

This week has been beautiful here in the Chicagoland area.  On Monday I decided to take my girls outside and let them help me with some spring clean up with our yard and flowers.  I brought my camera to take some photos of them.  They were too cute, playing in the dirt with their special gardening shovels & pails.  I took a few photos of them and placed the camera next to me in the front yard.  Fast forward to Tuesday.  Our neighbor was riding his bike passed our house.  I was in the front yard again with the girls.  He stopped to talk to me and saw something sitting in the middle of the road.  He bent down and picked it up and exclaimed, " It's a smashed camera!"  So I said, what...how did someone's camera get in the middle of the street.  He asked me if it was mine.  I immediately thought no, but I decided to take a look at the smashed camera anyway.  Sure enough it was mine!  I think my brain went on vacation that day I was taking pictures. Somehow my camera went from the yard to the street.  Here is the kicker....I saw it on Tuesday morning as I was pulling out of my driveway.  I thought it was an empty cigarette box.  So I was probably the one that ran it over with my mini van and smashed it!  Luckily my husband came home and found the memory card in the street.  I had been mentioning that I wanted a better camera to take my blog pictures....my husband thinks I planted the camera in the street on purpose!  Me and my diabolical mind!  So long story short....I am the proud owner of a smashed camera.  Therefore; the next few blog posts will be null and void of photos, which I am sorry about because I believe all good recipes have to come with a picture.  But I am in the workd on getting a new one and pictures will be up and running by next week.  I do have some awsome posts coming though...so please take a look at the recipes even though they are missing the beatiful photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment