Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

THE "GUYS APP"

When my husband and I were in Germany a few  years ago we had different views on the food there.  Sauasage & kraut was what the meals consisted of.  Throw in a pretzel, some mustard and some spatzel and you got yourself an authentic German meal.  After a week of eating nothing but sausage and kraut I was dreaming of the days when I would be back home eating a nice green salad or some mixed vegies and fruit.  Don't get me wrong, I completely loved Germany, the food included...BUT.....the sausage thing can get really old.  My dear husband on the other hand absolutely could not get enough German sausage!  He mixed that in with some fried pork cutlets...and let me tell you he was in Heaven!  This past Sunday was Father's Day.  My brother and sister n' law host a family party.  My job is to bring an appetizer.  I always try to think of an app that all the "dads" will like.  This year I came up with a good one!  I actually did not invent the recipe  because overall they are just "Pigs In A Blanket", but my version was the gourmet version because I used high quality polish sausage and vienna beef hotdogs. I sliced the sausages and wrapped them up in a crescent roll and baked them until golden.  I also got three different kinds of gourmet mustard at Caputo's (Honey Mustard, Hot & Spicy and a really good Stone Ground Brown.  The guys went crazy for them.  The next time you want to make your man happy make these...this recipe truly should just be called
"The Guys App"!



GOURMET PIGS IN A BLANKET W/ MUSTARD
 (aka THE GUYS APP)
  • 6 high quality gourmet polish sausage (pre-cooked)
  • 6 high quality vienna beef  hotdogs (pre-cooked)
  • 2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • assorment of gourmet mustard
  1. Slice the polish sausage and hotdogs into 1 inch thick bite size pieces - set aside.
  2. Unwrap the crescent rolls and unroll them.  Slice the individual crescent rolls into 1/2 inch pieces.
  3. Wrap one 1/2 inch crescent roll piece around each of the polish & hotdog slices.
  4. Place wrapped sausages on a baking sheet in a single layer.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden in color.
  6. Serve with assortment of gourmet mustard for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment