MEDITERRANEAN CAPRESE SALAD
* I quadrupoled this recipe to make enough for about 30 people. I tried to break down the recipe so that it would feed about 6 - 8 people as a side dish.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (halved crosswise)
- 1 cup mini mozerella cheese balls (drained)
- 1/2 cup spanish green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup quarterd artichoke hearts
- 1 cup sliced hearts of palm (can buy them pre-sliced or slice them yourself)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil - chopped or just tear with hands into rough pieces
- 1/4 cup really good olive oil
- 2 TB. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves finely chopped or pressed
- salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- 5 cups baby spring greens
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, except the baby spring greens.
- Toss well and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes or place in fridge for up to 4 hours. If placed in fridge take out before serving and let it get to room temp.
- Place the 5 cups of baby spring greens in a platter that has at least 2 inch high sides. Place the tomato mixture over the greens. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.