Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SPRING SANGRIA

For those of you who follow my blog you know by now that I love making a speciality cocktail for my guests when they come to my house.  This past week-end for my sons baptism I wanted to serve a cocktail that was appropriate to serve at 1:00 in the afternoon and not get everyone bombed before dinner was served.  I saw a recipe on www.epicurious.com that was from a Bon Appetite issue for a Strawberry & Peach Sangria.  The recipe look great, but of course I had to alter it.  Peaches are not really in season right now therefore I could not find peached anywhere.  I decided to substitute the  peaches with pears.  The original recipe also called for a strawberry syrup.  I don't know about you, but I can't stand too sweet of drinks.  I decided to omit the strawberry syrup and just add a bit more wine instead!  I tripled the recipe and by the end of the day all was gone but enough for one more glass.  This would be a perfect drink for a spring/summer tea party, bridal/baby shower or of course a baptism or first communion.  Very tasty!~


SPRING SANGRIA  

  • 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
  • 1 1/2 cups Essensia (orange Muscat, a sweet dessert wine)
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1 cup peach liqueur
  • 3 peaches or pears, each cut into 12 slices
  • 1 large orange, cut crosswise into 6 slices
  • 1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 6 slices
  • 1/4 cup strawberry syrup (optional)
  • 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
Mix white wine, Essensia, strawberries, peach liqueur, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, and strawberry syrup in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly. Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours. Serve sangria over ice.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment