CREAMY ITALIAN PASTA SALAD
· 1 lb. rotini pasta ( I like the tri-colored, but you can use reg. colored ones too)
· 1 lb. salami – chopped
· 1 small brick mild cheddar cheese – chopped into small bite sized pieces
· 1 small brick Monterey Jack cheese – chopped into small bite sized pieces
· 1 pint grape tomatoes – chopped
· 1 bottle of your favorite Italian Dressing
· 1 ½ cups mayo
· 1 cup parmesan cheese
· Sprinkle of dried oregano & basil
1. Cook pasta aldente and drain under cold water until pasta is completely cold. Place cold pasta in a large bowl.
2. Add salami, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese & grape tomatoes to the pasta.
3. In a medium sized bowl add Italian dressing, mayo, parmesan cheese and seasoning – whisk together.
4. Add dressing to pasta mixture and toss and coat well. I keep about ½ cup of dressing on the side and I like to bring this to the party and pour it fresh over the salad and toss right before serving.
5. Place in fridge and let flavors meld together for at least an hour.