Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

GREEN GODDESS DIP

A few weeks back I meant to post two new dips I have made recenlty.  One was the Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Dip.  The other dip was a Green Goddess Dip.  I actually forgot to post this recipe and am posting it tonight.  I had never made a Green Goddess Dip before, but saw recipes for it all the time.  I finally decided to make this dip and realized what it really is....a fantastic dip  made with fresh herbs, mayo, sour cream and a bit of other ingredients.  I actually have an herb garden growing in my back yard so this dip was a breeze for me to make.  For most people who don't grow herbs in their backyard you can run out to your local grocery store and find fresh packaged herbs to use.  This dip is best served cold with a ton of fresh vegies.  The recipe is from Bon Appetit and says that you can make this dip a few hours ahead of time.  I actually  made this dip the night before my party and it turned out great!

GREEN GODDESS DIP 

  • 2 cups (packed) trimmed watercress sprigs (from 1 large bunch)
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled
  • Assorted cut-up vegetables (For dipping)
  • Assorted chips (for dipping)
Combine first 5 ingredients in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add next 6 ingredients. Blend until herbs and garlic are finely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Season dip with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
Place bowl of dip in center of platter; surround with vegetables and chips.

* Recipe & photo courtesy of www.epicurious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment