Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

40TH ANNIVERSARY ALFRESCO ITALIAN DINNER

This past week-end my husband and I hosted a surprise 40th anniversary for my mom and dad.  For the past few summers my mom has wanted an al'fresco italian family dinner.  She always talked about how she wanted one big long table lines with old fashioned table clothes and big bowls of pasta and  big platters of food being served family style.  So....my little mind got to thinking that this 40th party was going to be based on the summer italian party my mom had always wanted.  There was only one problemo....the temperture this past Sunday (the day of the party) was 93 degrees with an even higher heat index.  Long story short...we set up the beautiful table, made a ton of awesome food, set up some fans and we threw one hell of an italian party!  The menu was really extensive so I will be posting my recipes over the next several blog posts.  Also, have to give a ton of credit to my Aunt P who helped make some of this wonderful food! Just to give you an idea of what is to come I decided to post the menu for you to view first:

SPECIALITY COCKTAIL:
  • Italian Margaritas

APPETIZERS:
  • Tomato & Basil Bruchetta w/ Fresh Ricotta
  • Prosciutto, Cantelope & Mozerella Skewers
  • Italian Meat and Cheese Platters
SALADS:
  • Arugula w/ Shaved Fennel & Toasted Walnuts w/ Balsamic Dressing
  • Hearts of Palm & Orange Salad w/ Citrus Vinegrette
  • Roasted Red Peppers w/ Olive Oil & Shaved Parmesan
MAIN COURSE:
  • Seashell Pasta w/ Tomato Butter Sauce w/ Burrato Cheese
  • Farmers Market Pasta w/ Italian Sausage
  • Lemon Chicken
  • Braisole
  • Brocolli Rabe
DESSERT:
  • Prosecco & Peach Sorbet
  • Rustic Peach & Apple Pies
  • Anniversary Cake
  • Caputos Cookies

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful idea for a 40th wedding anniversary, I want that for mine! Nice to meet you! I'll be back.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete