THE BEST CHOPPED ITALIAN SALAD
- 1/2 lb. dittalini pasta or other small pasta
- 3 cups chicken - cooked and chopped into cubes (about 4 chicken breasts I like to grill)
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 5-6 oz. crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 zuchinni chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 TB. chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar or 1 packet of equal
- 1 TB. dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- fresh or dried basil to taste
- fresh or dried oregano to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Place all salad ingredients in a large serving/salad bowl. Toss to mix all ingredients up into bowl.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar/equal and dijon mustard to a medium sized bowl. Whisk together well.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Add all seasoning and whisk well.
- Serve over salad.