BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE WITH STRUDLE TOPPING
For Coffee Cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup firm butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. hot water
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
Directions to make coffee cake:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease springform pan, 9 x 3 inches, or square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Mix all ingredients for coffee cake in a large bowl except blueberries. Beat for about 30 seconds.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spread cake batter in pan and sprinkle with prepared strudle topping (below)
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cake.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan (take away springform sides of pan).
- Drizzle coffee cake with vanilla glaze (see below)
- Mix sugars, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter, using a pastry blender, two forks, or if you are like me you can just use your hands. Mix until crumbly. Place on top of cake batter then bake per instructions above.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle over cake once it is done baking.