OLD FASHIONED MACCARONI SALAD
* I usually make this recipe when I know I will be cooking for a crowd. You could easily "half" this recipe and it will still make plenty.
- 2 lbs. elbow noodles
- 6 eggs (hard boiled and chopped rough)
- 1 block cheddar cheese (chopped into small cubes)
- 3 celery stalks - ends removed - chopped small
- 3 large carrots - cleaned and chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas - thawed
- 2 cups real mayo ( I prefer Helmann's)
- 2 TB. prepared mustard
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of water. Add noodles and cook until al'dente - about 8 minutes. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water until all noodles are cold to the touch. Drain well. Add noodles to a very large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (in the order listed) to the bowl with the noodles. Mix all together really well.
- Can either keep in this bowl or place in a different serving bowl. Cover salad and place in fridge for at least 1 hour. This pasta is best served the day that you make it, but it does taste great as leftovers a few days later as well.